Game Drives at Khaya Ndlovu
Game drives are conducted on our 5,500-hectare Rietspruit Big Game Reserve, which is home to a huge variety of wildlife with wide-ranging views of the beautiful Drakensberg Mountain Range and Blyde River Canyon.
Jump aboard our open safari-vehicles with our knowledgeable guides, either in the early mornings or late afternoon and encounter animals species such as lions, elephants, cheetah, leopard, African wild dog, both black and white rhino as well as a host of general game.
Due to our close proximity to Hoedspruit, we are able to offer non-resident guests the chance to join us for game drives. Pre-booking is essential.
- Drives typically last between 3 – 4 hours.
- They depart from the Manor House boma area.
- Conducted in the early morning and late afternoons.
- Morning drive departure time: Summer : 5:30am | Winter: 6:00am
- Afternoon drive departure time: Summer: 4:00pm | Winter: 3:30pm
- We do not typically allow children under the age of 6 years old on shared vehicles. It is recommended that parents make use of our baby-sitting service or alternatively pre-book a private vehicle.
The below pricing is exclusive to our overnight guests only and includes the 3-4 hour safari with a professional guide and selected drinks and snacks. Private vehicle bookings are subject to availability and preferably booked in advance.
- 1 Person only: R 1,495.00
- 2 Persons only: R 900.00 per person
- 3 Persons +: R 650.00 per person
- Private vehicle (up to 9 guests): R 6,500.00 per drive
Game Walks on Khaya Ndlovu
Go on an educational adventure with one of our guides and have a chance to really connect with the African bush.
This will include track and sign trailing, bug hunts, feeding signs and other environmental experiences. An exciting story of the African bush will unfold during the 60 to 90 minute duration of the walk.
Trailing a white rhino or a member of the plains game species will also be possible should you happen to find fresh tracks. Walks for children are available on request.
Wear comfortable walking shoes, and make use of the insect repellents provided in your suite. Don’t forget hats and sunblock.
- Walks typically last between 1 – 1.5 hours.
- They depart from the Manor House reception area.
- They are normally conducted in between game drive times depending on availability of guides. Times are confirmed during your stay.
- Walks for younger children can be arranged on request.
- Maximum of 6 guests
Scenic Helicopter Flights
Let our experienced bush pilot whisk you away and take you on a flight across the African bushveld, and into the spectacular Olifants River Gorge or Blyde River Canyon.
Enjoy the dramatic views as the helicopter winds its way through the gorges, which also provides an outstanding photographic opportunity for you to capture some “forever” memories.
Departs from our helicopter pad in front of the lodge.
This activity is weather dependent.
- Flights typically last between 45 mins – 1 hour.
- They depart from the Manor House helicopter pad just in front of the lodge.
- Flights are normally confirmed last minute depending on pilot schedules and weather.
- Children may be allowed at the discretion of the pilot.
- Weight restriction of 90 kg per person.
- Maximum 3 passengers.